Meant for More – Africa 2021
A Meant for More Journey is an adventure that will remain with you for the rest of your life.
After you say ‘yes’ to this opportunity, the most difficult part of the process will be over, and the fun and excitement will begin.
The Meant for More Journey is a guided trip across Kenya. The tour takes guests on an adventure through Kenya and highlights the work of International Needs (IN) and the Real Hope Youth Community Organization (RHYCO).
- To give guests a glimpse into the development initiatives in Kenya.
- To provide funding for the Safe House Project, serving children in the Kawangware slum
- To invite guests to share expertise and insight with our development partners.
- To Refresh, Refine, and Refire during a 3-day retreat at Sir Richard Branson's Mahali Mzuri Game Reserve and Safari Camp in the Kenyan Bush. I've stayed at this 12-tented luxury safari camp situated within the Maasai Mara ecosystem and I know this experience will blow your mind!
- You’ll have a front-row seat to the world-famous, annual wildebeest migration and other abundant game including the "Big 5".
This itinerary provides the day-to-day details so guests know what to expect:
- Travel Plans & Activities
* NOTE: Itinerary is subject to changes based on preferences of joining members.
Meant for More Journey at a Glance
|1||Monday, October 25||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||Arrival in Nairobi|
|2||Tuesday, October 26||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||RHYCO Safe House Project|
|3||Wednesday, October 27||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||RHYCO Safe House Project|
|4||Thursday, October 28||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||RHYCO Safe House Project|
|5||Friday, October 29||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||RHYCO Safe House Project|
|6||Saturday, October 30||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||RHYCO Safe House Project|
|7||Sunday, October 31||Fairmont Norfolk, KY||Giraffe Centre, Pizza Party|
|8||Monday, November 1||Mahali Mzuri, KY||Charter flight into the Mara|
|9||Tuesday, November 2||Mahali Mzuri, KY||Masai Mara Safari|
|10||Wednesday, November 3||Mahali Mzuri, KY||Depart Home|
More about our sponsored mission, the Safe House Project
The Safe House is being built by RHYCO (Real Hope Life Community Organization) in response to a sharp rise in abuse and violations of children’s rights in Kawangware slum. RHYCO is already running an amazing drop-in centre that offers food, fun, and a place for kids to get some relief from life on the street. The leaders have a deep love for these children and have a vision for a safe haven in the midst of hell. I’ve been there, and it would break your heart. I feel so strongly about it that I’m donating my book income, and I really hope you’ll help me support this very worthy cause. The need is great!
I hope you’ll join me.
P.S. International Needs Canada is the registered Canadian charity that’s partnered with RHYCO to build the safe house. I’ve worked with them for a long time. They do really good development work, and they’re sending 100% of all donations to the project (they have generous donors who pay their overhead costs, so your gift goes straight to Kawangare).